bookwormdreams

Bookworm Dreams

Hi, my name is Dragana, and I’m a book-o-holic. My goal in life is to read all the speculative fiction novels in the world. (or at least try)  :)

You can also find me on: Bookworm Dreams Blog

Perfect for teens who love uf inspired by Greek myths

Prophecy of the Most Beautiful (Oracle of Delphi #1) - Diantha Jones

The start of Prophecy of the Most Beautiful sounded too familiar for my taste. Chloe, a girl with ordinary looks who is unpopular, notices a handsome new guy at school. And - surprise, surprise – he is looking at her too! He offers:

Freedom from the life you are about to become entrapped in. I can save you from the clutches of your great destiny.

Yeah, right? *eye roll* Tell me you didn’t  read at least five young adult novels who started the same way? I thought I already knew what will happen. Chloe and mysterious handsome new guy aka. creepy stalker will fall madly (and of course instantly) in love while they run away from mysterious bad guys.

If you have imagined the plot similar to the one I described above then you have gravely mistaken, because Prophecy of the Most Beautiful turned out to have one of the most original and complex worlds of Greek mythology in contemporary setting I have read so far. There are even special websites, like DemiBoook, a social network for demigods. Attention to detail Diantha Jones had while she transferred Greek gods to urban environment is astounding.

The only complaint I have about Prophecy of the Most Beautiful is Chloe. She was such a typical teenager. One of Chloe’s obsession is what everyone is wearing. We get detailed descriptions every time. It’s interesting at first but after some time, it’s just boring. I don’t care about brand or color of his sneakers, just get to the point!

Also, how the gods and buildings looked was described like teenage girl’s wet dream. Everything was just the way Chloe liked it. I would not be surprised if it turned out that she was dreaming the whole time (at the end of the series).

In The End…

If you read young adult novels and love Greek Mythology, I recommend that you read Prophecy of the Most Beautiful. The world only is worth the effort even if you find characters too teenage-y for your taste.

Disclaimer: I received this ebook from NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Source: http://www.bookwormdreams.com/book-review-prophecy-of-the-most-beautiful-by-diantha-jones