bookwormdreams

Bookworm Dreams

Hi, my name is Dragana, and I’m a book-o-holic. My goal in life is to read all the speculative fiction novels in the world. (or at least try)  :)

You can also find me on: Bookworm Dreams Blog

True new adult romance

Faking It - Cora Carmack

If you have read Losing It, you definitely remember Cade, Bliss' friend. Cade just can't move on - he's still in love with his best friend although she picked Garrick. With diploma in his pocket and college friends scattered across the country, Cade will make you remember that time in your life when you were looking for a first job and trying to make ends meet. Independence can be sweet and bitter at the same time.

When Cade gets an offer to act as a pretend boyfriend from a fiery redhead the last thing he expects is that he will start questioning are safe choices the best one in love...

Quote Cade from Faking It by Cora Carmack

Fake girlfriend/wife is one of the most overused plots in romance novels. But Cora Carmack still managed to make it original - this time the girl is doing the 'hiring'. And Max (called Mackenzie by annoying relatives) is not just any girl: fiery red hair, tattoos, piercings, in a band, does not do serious relationships... Max took over the role that is usually reserved for bad boy heroes. But with her sexy vintage style and complex emotions (which we will get to know since half of the chapters are narrated by her), Max is very feminine.

Max has problems of her own: getting financial independence, fighting to work the job you love, not submitting your look and style to the norm or to the parents expectations.... Max picked Cade as her fake boyfriend because with his good boy charm he represents perfectly what her parents like, but she never imagined that there will be immediate attraction between them or that she will like his kisses so much...

Quote Max from Faking It by Cora Carmack

Losing It is so far best contemporary romance novel I have read in 2013, so Cora Carmack had a lot of to deliver in sequel/companion novel Faking It. At first I was surprised because Faking It is much more serious in tone than Losing It, mostly due to the fact there is no Bliss to stumble around and get into awkward situations. But soon the things that I loved about Cora Carmack's writing kept popping out: wide range of emotions and realistic characters. In the end I can not say I am disappointed and I will definitely read her next novel when it is published.

If you like reading about problems new adult encounter when they embark to conquer the world like: finding the job, getting financial independence, dealing with people's expectations, then you will definitely enjoy reading Faking It. And it's all spiced up with cute love story about bad girl and perfect boy who may be faking more than just their relationship...

Disclaimer: I was given a free eBook by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for a honest review.

Source: http://bookwormdream.blogspot.com/2013/06/book-review-faking-it-by-cora-carmack.html