bookwormdreams

Bookworm Dreams

Hi, my name is Dragana, and I’m a book-o-holic. My goal in life is to read all the speculative fiction novels in the world. (or at least try)  :)

You can also find me on: Bookworm Dreams Blog

Not as amazing as I expected

The Promise of Amazing - Robin Constantine

Based on the cute cover, heartwarming summary and the title I was expecting one of those young adult contemporary novels that put a permanent smile on your face. You know what I am talking about – when you get that fuzzy feeling while reading a book that is similar to being snuggled up in a warm blanket with a cup of hot chocolate.

The Promise of Amazing has a very good start. Wren is just an average teenage girl with usual coming of age problems, but what bothers Wren the most is that she is described by everyone as ‘quiet’. I could definitely relate to that since I was usually ‘the quiet one’ and I know how hard it is to change when people have some fixed image of you.

When Wren meets Grayson, there is an instant magnetic pull. Probably because noone would ever describe Grayson as average or quiet. Romance between Wren and Grayson started as something cute but soon drowned in insta-love cliche. Grayson managed to not be an usual bad boy since he is working on changing himself before he met Wren. I liked that a lot.

Although revelation of big Grayson’s secret did surprise me (mostly by stupidity of the idea), the amazing in this book never came. It stayed pretty ordinary and average romance story.

In The End…

The Promise of Amazing is story about instant attraction between quiet girl and popular ex bad boy. Warm fuzzy feeling or big swoony moments never happened to me, but The Promise of Amazing at least managed to break cliche about bad boys, because Grayson already changed his ‘bad ways’ when he meets Wren.

Disclaimer:  I was given a free eBook by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.

Source: http://www.bookwormdreams.com/book-review-the-promise-of-amazing-by-robin-constantine