bookwormdreams

Bookworm Dreams

Hi, my name is Dragana, and I’m a book-o-holic. My goal in life is to read all the speculative fiction novels in the world. (or at least try)  :)

You can also find me on: Bookworm Dreams Blog

Sweet and funny contemporary romance

Losing It  - Cora Carmack

Bliss Edwards (yeah I know lamest name ever) is a control freak. And that's the reason why she is is a couple of months from graduation and a virgin. As every self-respecting control freak would do she decides that enough is enough and she's gonna 'lose it' before the college is over.
When she confesses the horrible v-truth to her best friend Kelsey, she's got the solution for the problem: slutty outfit, popular bar and a lot of tequila. Kelsey is determined that Bliss is going to have a one-night stand and solve 'the problem' tonight.
But in the bar Bliss still does not feel a spark of attraction for anyone until:
"That was when I noticed him.
Well, technically, I noticed the book first."

And that's when Bliss, although she has the lamest name ever, won me over completely. Because I knew that I could spot a book in a crowded bar also. :D

As usual, there are a lot of cliche's here but somehow Cora Carmack made them work for me. The blushing, the clumsiness... Even the love triangle can be a good thing if you do it right. Because I could so feel why Bliss was stretched between two guys and had trouble choosing.
I also enjoyed humor and awkward situations that Bliss kept falling into. Reminded me of Kristan Higgins or Aisling Grey from You Slay Me. I'm gonna give you a glimpse of what to expect:

"It wasn't until I'd walked halfway across the parking lot that I realized:
1. I wasn't wearing shoes.
A. Or a shirt.
2. I didn't bring my keys.
A. Or anything really.
3. I'd just left a complete stranger in my apartment.
A. Naked.
Whoever said one-night stands were supposed to be simple with no strings attached had clearly never met the disaster that was me."

There are a lot of new adult contemporary romance novels flooding the market right now, but Losing It won a place in my heart with a cute love story with a slow build-up, array of quirky side characters and a lot of funny situations that made me chuckle. It's a perfect read for romance fans when they want to kick-back they heals and relax.

I recommend this book to fans of: new adult contemporary romance novels set in college, heroes with a British accent, awkward heroines that keep falling into funny situations...

Disclaimer: I was given a free eBook by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for a honest review.