bookwormdreams

Bookworm Dreams

Hi, my name is Dragana, and I’m a book-o-holic. My goal in life is to read all the speculative fiction novels in the world. (or at least try)  :)

You can also find me on: Bookworm Dreams Blog

Ya paranormal romance for all girls who dreamed to turn into a Tinkerbell

Dark Promise: Between Worlds - Julia Crane, Talia Jager

Dark Promise first caught my interest because of the beautiful cover. I don't remember that I read any ya or adult paranormal/fantasy novel where main character was a fairy, so of course I was intrigued. This is book for all Tinkerbell fans out there and all who dreamed to have fairy wings when they were a child.

Rylie is perfectly ordinary teenage girl: bored at school and obsessed with her appearance. The only thing that I found interesting about her is that she suffers from OCD so she has all her things organized by size, type, color, purpose. At her sixteenth birthday Rylie transforms into a fairy. Yes, that means wings, pointy ears and everything.

Fairies by Anna Stokes
Fairies by Anna Stokes [image source]

The plot of Dark Promise does not have many surprises, you will find all the usual ya tropes here and you have probably read something similar before. First thing that comes to my mind is Iron Fey series - just with less scary teeth and more sparkly wings.

Dark Promise does not describe different creatures and inhabitants of fae-world, we only get to know fairies and their society. In fact, the main focus of the book is how Rylie deals with all transformations that happened to her body and her trouble choosing between two hot guys. What, I did not mention this before? Common, you truly did not expect that there will not be a love triangle in this book? Yes, there is one. And the romance is sizzling-hot. Who will she choose? Her good ex-best-childhood-friend boyfriend boyfriend or gorgeous bad-boy fairy Well, you are probably going to have to wait until the series end to find out. My money is on the fairy hottie because he got more character development, so he's obviously author's favorite.

I recommend this book to fans of: ya paranormal novels about fairies, Iron fey series, intense romance stories and love triangle tension/drama.

Source: http://bookwormdream.blogspot.com/2013/02/review-giveaway-dark-promise-by-julia.html