bookwormdreams

Bookworm Dreams

Hi, my name is Dragana, and I’m a book-o-holic. My goal in life is to read all the speculative fiction novels in the world. (or at least try)  :)

You can also find me on: Bookworm Dreams Blog

Typical paranormal romance

Turned - Virna DePaul

The Story

I read 30% of book so i think i grasped the basics of the plot: FBI agent Ty Duncan is turned into a vampire against his will. Ty and his colleagues with similar fate still work for the government as part of The Belladonna Agency. Ty’s first task is to recruit Ana Martin for Belladonna.

My thoughts

When you read a book with as much passion as when you eat broccoli, I think its time to call it quits. Or as we bookworms like to say DNF. Don’t get me wrong. I have nothing against broccoli. They are healthy and nutritious and I eat them from time to time when I cannot avoid it. But they leave a bad taste in my mouth and eating them is a task not an enjoyment like meals should be. Similar things I can say about Turned by Virna DePaul.

Why did I stop reading?

• Same old story told for the 1000th time. Nothing new. I was bored and uninterested.
  • Words used for erotic descriptions just rubbed me wrong.  I don’t like this kind of crude language.
  • Dreams about sinking teeth and other extremities into her flesh. NOT SEXY at all.

His sheathed fangs ached the way his dick did, longing to penetrate and take everything from her: her sweet blood and her complete surrender.

• There is a scene where Ty watches Ana over a camera (hidden in her bedroom) and masturbates. Voyeuristic, stalker-ish, too creepy…
  • Multiple POVs didn’t work out. Story was told in too many angles and from views of unimportant side characters.

In The End…

Turned is paranormal romance flirting with erotica about FBI agent/vampire Ty, ex-gang-member Ana and their work in Belladonna Agency. The start promises creepy villains, complex back-story and a lot of mystery and action. It’a a typical pnr plot. If you are not bored with this genre, like me, Turned might be enjoyable for you.

Disclaimer: I received this ebook from NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Source: http://www.bookwormdreams.com/book-review-turned-by-virna-depaul