bookwormdreams

Bookworm Dreams

Hi, my name is Dragana, and I’m a book-o-holic. My goal in life is to read all the speculative fiction novels in the world. (or at least try)  :)

You can also find me on: Bookworm Dreams Blog

Not bad for a classic fantasy but I wish it was more intense

The Last Dragonlord - Joanne Bertin

I'm crazy about dragons since Lessa met Ramoth in DragonflightThe Last Dragonlord kept teasing me for some time now for the very simple fact that it has dragons in tittle and on the book cover - so this was enough for me to give it a chance.

The Last Dragonlord is Joanne Bertin's debut novel from the 90s and it's written in old classic fantasy style before Martin & other writers made dark, bloody and gritty more popular. There is a mix of usual elements here that make a good fantasy novel: interesting imaginary world, corrupted royal court, dragon-shifters, blood-mages...

Over the Clouds by kerembeyit
Over the Clouds by kerembeyit

As I said in the beginning, The Last Dragonlord is classic fantasy, so the characters are typical and there are no real surprises what is going to happen. You know the good guys will win and that bad guys will either repent or be punished and everyone will live happily ever after. But if you are dragon lover and you want to relax and take a break from modern dark and intense fantasy - The Last Dragonlord may be just what you are looking for.

I recommend this book to fans of: classic fantasy, dragons, Wheel of Time (the writing style & characterisation was similar)...

Source: http://bookwormdream.blogspot.com/2013/03/book-review-last-dragonlord-by-joanne.html